The one thing I talk about A LOT on the blog besides honeybees and Beckett, is plastic and our uphill battle to get it out of house, our yard and our lives. I’ve talked about bath toys and wooden toys and grocery bags and kids’ dishes. I’ve mentioned food storage and lunchboxes. But, there is something new in our lives that’s making it possible to get rid of one more plastic item – the ubiquitous plastic produce bag!
Please welcome the Produce Stand Collection from ChicoBag! The natural fabric bags that are part of their Hemp-Cotton blend are just what we have been looking for. Each bag is made of 70% hemp and 30% cotton. The dimensions are a bit larger than your standard plastic supermarket bag at 12.5” by 15”, but I like that they are roomier and allow for a bigger head of lettuce, more broccoli or an Easter Bunny-size bunch o’ carrots.
The fabric is one of the keys to the bags’ appeal. It’s a natural and eco-friendly combination of cotton and hemp, but it’s also the ideal environment for storing vegetables. The fabric absorbs extra moisture (think about no more soggy lettuce that has been clinging to the inside of a plastic bag) and offers a comfortably dark place for root vegetables that like to hide (potatoes, yams, etc…).
I appreciate that ChicoBag has come up with an eco-conscious alternative to the endless stream of landfill-bound plastic produce bags. With a price point of under $12 and a sizing that makes the most of your fridge space – this is one of the best choices for bringing home and storing your perishable vegetables, fruits and bulk items!
Thinking you’d like to stop using plastic produce bags!? YAY! Look down for the giveaway!
- A set of three hemp-cotton produce bags from the ChicoBag Produce Stand Collection
Interested in entering the giveaway? Comment on this post and tell me: What is your favorite quick recipe for preparing vegetables fresh from the farmer’s market or grocery store?
Want additional entries? You must follow these directions and tell me about them via a comment on this post. Each of these options is available for one single entry per giveaway, not per day.
- Subscribe via email (three total entries for becoming or being a current subscriber via email!)
- Subscribe via a reader
- Link the Sacred Bee’s Blog to your website (you must send me the link or a screen shot via a comment on this post)
- Link the Sacred Bee’s Blog to your Facebook page (you must send me the link or a screen shot via a comment on this post)
- Grab the Sacred Bee’s Button and add it to your blogroll or website.
- Follow @sacredbee on Twitter and retweet this giveaway. Notify me of the retweet using a comment on this post. Only one entry per single retweet each day.
- Become a fan of ChicoBag on Facebook
- Follow @chicobag on Twitter
- Sign-up to receive updates from ChicoBag’s blog
Winners will be drawn on Tuesday, May 31st at 8:00pm PST.
To see the Sacred Bee’s FCC Disclosure: click here